Delicious potato dish aloo pakora for iftar.
This recipe gives you a step by step detail of making tasty aloo pakora for iftar.
Ingredients to make aloo pakora for iftar:
- 1 cup chickpea flour(besan)
- salt to taste
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 potato made into round slices( as we make for potato chips)
- water to make the batter
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, boil the potato pieces in salt water for about 5 minutes and rest them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add besan(chick pea flour), baking soda, add salt, add red chilli powder, add turmeric powder, add ginger garlic paste, coriander seeds powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well and gradually add water and mix well until a we get thick batter but not a runny batter.
- Mix the batter until there are no lumps formed.
- Heat oil for frying and set the flame on sim.
- Take each slice of potato, dip it into the batter and coat the potato with batter on all sides.
- Take the dipped potato slice and drop it into the heated oil.
- Similarly, continue doing the same with rest of the potato slices and batter.
- Fry the potato slices on medium flame until all sides get a golden colour.
- Remove them and place them on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sauce or ketchup or with tea.
1.The batter should not be too thin which spoils the pakoda consistency.
2.Also one thing to be remembered while frying is they should not be fried on high flame as the outer side gets darker and the inner batter may not cook well.
3.It is better to fry on sim to medium flame.
4.Adding soda makes the pakora fluffy and soft.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.