Batata Hara is a Lebanese vegetable dish. It consists of potatoes, red peppers, coriander, chili, and garlic which are all fried together in olive oil.
Try this amazing lip smacking Batata Hara recipe for IFTAR
Ingredients for Batata Hara Recipe:
- Baby potatoes halved with skin and soaked for ½ hour 300 grams
- Lebanese spice powder 1 tablespoon
- Paprika powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Garlic crushed 2 tablespoons
- Tomato ketchup 2 tablespoons
- sumac powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
Drain potatoes and put in a bowl. Add paprika powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, Lebanese spice powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well. Set aside.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté till well-browned.
Add potatoes, mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 2 minutes. Sprinkle little water, mix well, cover and cook till half done.
Add tomato ketchup, mix well, sprinkle some more water, mix again, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add sumac powder, coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off heat.
Serve hot on a bed of cabbage.