Bored of Rotis/Chapathi and want to crave something special? Try this Butter Naan, Which tastes great with any spicy Indian gravy.
Follow these simple steps to make Butter naan.
Ingredients to make Butter Naan:
- 1½ cups maida/all purpose flour + more for dusting
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon curd
- ½ tablespoon active dry yeast
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup luke warm water
- soft or melted butter for brushing on naan
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sprinkle yeast over ⅓ cup warm water. Add sugar and let the yeast to activate for 10 minutes.
- Take flour in a mixing bowl and add yeast mixture,milk,curd and salt. Mix well
- Add water little by little and knead to a soft dough
- Let the dough rest for 1.5 hours till it doubles in volume.
- Divide the dough into 7 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into a tear shaped naan, about ½ inch thick and brush with little water on one side.
- Heat a tava with handle and place the rolled naan, watered side down.
- Cook for 10 seconds, invert the tava and cook the other side directly on flame till chars appear.
- Brush with some melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds. Serve butter naan hot with any spicy gravy.
Hope you like this recipe. Let us know if you’ve tried it! Tag us at #iftarparty on Facebook ,Twitter and Instagram.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!