Delicious Carrot Coconut Soup Recipe.
combination of carrot and coconut. Good for Health
Ingredients to make Carrot Coconut Soup:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 TBS + 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 TBS fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups sliced carrots, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 oz canned coconut milk
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Chop onion and let it sit for at least five minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add curry powder and mix well with onions.
- Add broth, carrots, and sweet potato and simmer on medium high heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk.
- Blend in batches making sure blender is not more than half full. When it’s hot, and the blender is too full, it can erupt and burn you. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to soup pot and reheat.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! Treat Yourself with an iftar party on iftarparty.com
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!