Scrumptious chicken bread for iftar recipe to treat yourselfs.
follow this easy steps to taste this yummy dish and serve it for iftar.
Ingredients to make chicken bread for iftar:
- Flour: 1 cup
- Butter milk: 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar (ground to dust): 2 tea spoons
- Olive oil/butter: 1 cup
- Boneless chicken: 250 g
- Egg: 1
- Ginger: 1 inch, chopped
- Garlic: 3-4 cloves
- Green chillies: 1-2, chopped
- Dried oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Chilli flakes: 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper: To taste
- Processed cheese: 2 cubes
- Olives: 4-5 (optional)
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Add the chillies, ginger, garlic and the chicken and cook it dry with salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, grind it and set aside.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, and mix in the brown sugar and salt and beat it smooth with the oil.
- Now whisk in the egg, buttermilk and add the ground chicken mix and continue beating.
- If the mixture is still too thick, add another egg or soda water.
- Mix in the cheese cubes cut into small pieces.
- Once the batter is ready (it should fall from a spoon in dollops), pour it in a greased cake tin and put it in the oven preheated at 180 degrees C.
- Bake for around 30-40 minutes, or till the upper crust is golden.
- Keep checking by inserting a toothpick.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!