Tasty Chicken Cutlet for iftar recipe.
Delicious chicken dish to serve at iftar.
Ingredients to make chicken cutlet for iftar:
- Four 9-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced into wedges
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Lay the chicken out on a cutting board. Hold your knife parallel to the cutting board and slice the chicken breasts in half so one breast is now two cutlets.
- Lay the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound out with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle them on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Set out three casserole dishes and add the flour to the first.
- Whisk together the mustard and eggs in the second. Mix together the panko, Parmesan, lemon zest and some salt and pepper in the third.
- Dredge each cutlet first through the flour, then in the egg mixture and finally in the panko mixture. Put the chicken pieces on a clean baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Once hot, add the cutlets, in batches, and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove to paper towels to drain and season again with salt. Put the chicken pieces on a clean baking sheet and place in the warm oven while you cook the second batch.
- Serve the cutlets with avocado and lemon wedges.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!