Try this tasty Chicken Khorma Recipe.
Easy to make at home and delicious one.
Ingredients to make chicken khorma:
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion (1 onion)
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled baking potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken; sauté 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove chicken from pan; place in a 5-quart electric slow cooker.
Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
Add ginger and next 5 ingredients (through garlic); sauté 2 minutes. Pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker.
Stir in potato and next 4 ingredients (through cinnamon stick).
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Discard bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
Turn slow cooker off; let stand 15 minutes.
Stir in yogurt.
Serve chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! Treat Yourself with an iftar party on iftarparty.com