Calling all spice lovers! This Chilli Chicken is just want you need. It is made with green chilies,soya sauce,cubed onions and boneless chicken.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 250 grams boneless chicken pieces , cubed
- ½ cup of plain flour (maida)
- ¼ cup of cornflour or cornstarch
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp of soya sauce
- ½ tsp of black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 cup of cubed onions
- ½ cup of cubed capsicum (bell pepper)
- 2-3 green chillies , slit
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 tsp of tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp of vinegar or lime juice
- 2 tbsp of minced spring onions or coriander leaves for garnish
Clean and cut the chicken pieces into bite-sized cubes
Prepare the rest of the ingredients and keep it ready
Mix all the ingredients for the batter and add enough water to make a thick batter (similar to bajji batter)
Add the chicken pieces to this
Heat oil for deep frying
When the oil is smoking hot, add the chicken pieces thoroughly coated in the batter
Fry on medium heat until golden brown
Drain and set aside
Proceed with the next batch until all the chicken is fried
Drain and set aside
Heat oil and add the onions, ginger, garlic, and green chillies
Saute until the onions turn transparent and soft
Then add the soya sauce, vinegar or lemon juice, and tomato ketchup
Saute for 2 more minutes
Then add the fried chicken pieces and capsicum
Sprinkle some water and cover the pan
Cook on very low heat for 4-5 mins or until the ingredients come together nicely
Uncover, give everything a good mix, check for salt and add more if needed, and remove from heat
Garnish with spring onions or coriander leaves
Serve hot as an appetizer or side dish with fried rice or noodles
- Instead of green chillies, you can add green chilli sauce.
- The vinegar or lemon juice is optional but I usually add some for the tang it gives.
- You can use capsicum in any colour.
- You can also follow the same recipe with small pieces of chicken with bone.
- The batter ingredients are very customisable.
- You can opt to add pepper in the final stage rather than into the batter, for example.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!