Treat your loved ones with this tasty falooda with ice cream for iftar.
Easy to make recipe.try now!
Ingredients to make falooda with ice cream for iftar:
1/3 cup falooda sev
4 to 5 tablespoon soaked sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) – soak about ½ tablespoon sabja seeds in enough water
4 cups chilled whole milk
4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
5 to 6 tablespoon rose syrup
5 to 6 shelled pistachios, sliced or slivered (pista)
5 to 6 cashews or almonds, sliced
5 to 6 golden raisins (kishmish)
- Soak 1/2 tbsp of sabja seeds in water for about 30 to 40 mins. once they swell. drain and then keep aside.
- Prepare the falooda sev according to package instructions.
- If cooking the sev, then once cooked, rinse the cooked falooda sev in water. drain and keep them aside. let them cool completely.
- In 4 glasses each, add 1.5 to 2 tbsp rose syrup. depending upon your taste you can add less or more. 2 tbsp of rose syrup makes it more sweet.
- Then add 1 or 1.5 tbsp of sabja seeds
- Add 1 to 1.5 tbsp of the falooda sev.
- In a slow stream, pour about 3/4 to 1 cup milk.
- Then top with one scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with a few raisins, sliced pistachios, almonds or cashews.
- Serve the falooda immediately.
The falooda recipe can be doubled and tripled.
It’s a cold dessert popular in India. Traditionally it is made from mixing rose syrup, vermicelli, sweet basil (sabza/takmaria) seeds, and pieces of jelly with milk, often topped off with a scoop of ice cream. The vermicelli used for preparing falooda is made from wheat, arrowroot, cornstarch, or sago.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.