Greek Spinach and Chinese parcels for iftar recipe.
Easy to make recipe for iftar.
Ingredients to make Greek Spinach and Chinese parcels for iftar:
- 300 grams spinach
- ½ small onion – finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 6 – 8 filo pastry sheets (depending on size)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + for brushing on top before baking
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
For Tzatziki Sauce
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill – chopped
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven 200ºC.
- Shredded spinach and chop the onion. Chop the garlic clove as well and set aside.
- In a pan, on medium heat, heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic till they turn slightly golden-brown (about one minute).
- Add in the spinach and cumin into the pan. Cook till the water from the spinach evaporates. Keep stirring the spinach so it doesn’t burn. This should roughly take about 7 – 8 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add the feta cheese to this spinach mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cut long strips of the filo pastry – about 2 inches wide. Brush one pastry sheet with olive oil and place another sheet on top of it. The oil will make them stick together.
- Place about 1½ tablespoons of the spinach-feta mixture on one end of the sheet and keep folding it into triangles till the end. Seal the end with olive oil.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 till all the mixture is used.
- Lightly oil a baking tray. Brush olive oil on to each Spanakopita parcel and place on the tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes – or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce.
For tzatziki Sauce
- Finely chop fresh dill.
- Grate one cucumber and squeeze out the juice.
- Add this grated cucumber to the yogurt, along with lemon juice, olive oil, chopped dill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!