South Indian Idli Chaat recipe to fill your tummy.
EAsy to make recipe.Try now!
Ingredients to make idli chaat for iftar:
- 1 cup Idli, left over
- 1 tablespoon Idli Podi
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Hung Yogurt (Greek/ Thick Curd)
- 1/4 cup Green chutney
- 1/4 cup Date tamarind chutney
- 1/2 cup Sev
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves (Dhania), finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 Lemon juice
- To begin making the Idli Chaat, cut the regular size idlis into small round bite sized pieces.
- Rub a little chutney powder on both sides of the idli.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a shallow pan.
- Place the idlis on the pan and shallow fry for about 30 seconds from both the sides. Remove from pan and arrange it on a serving plate.
- Add about 1 teaspoon thick curd on each idli pieces and sprinkle finely chopped onions and sev on the top.
- Drizzle about 1 to 2 teaspoon of dhaniya pudina chutney and date tamarind chutney on top.
- Once it is done, add little finely chopped coriander leaves on the top.
- Sprinkle a little black salt and chaat masala powder on the chaat and squeeze a little lime juice on top.
- Serve this lip-smacking Idli Chaat as a party appetizer and surprise your guests with this unique chaat.
- You can even have it as a tea time snack with a hot cup of tea.Idli Chaat
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! Treat Yourself with an iftar party on iftarparty.com
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!