Kala chana chaat recipe to treat yourself this Ramadan 🙂
one of the most famous chana chaats is the kala chana chaat, made with black chickpeas.
- 1 cup dried black chickpeas (kala chana) or 2.5 to 3 cups cooked black chickpeas
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small raw mango, peeled and finely chopped (optional) – the one i added was a little ripe
- 1 to 2 green chilies, finely chopped or minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice or add as required
- ½ teaspoon black salt – add more if required
some chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak the dry chickpeas overnight or for 8-9 hours.
- Once they are soaked, drain the water.
- In a pressure cooker add the soaked chickpeas with enough water.
- Pressure cook for 6-7 minutes or till the chickpeas are cooked well.
- Once the pressure cooker cools down, drain the cooked chickpeas
in a large bowl, add all the ingredients including the chickpeas.
- Taste and if required add more of the spice powders or salt.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves. Serve Kala chana chaat warm,
you can also refrigerate and serve the chana chaat cold.
- Before serving Kala chana chaat just garnish with some coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Kaala Chana Chaat is a common food item at iftar. Try this recipe to taste the chatpata chana flavour and treat your loved ones with this item.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!