Delicious KFC style fried chicken for Iftar.
EASY TO MAKE RECIPE. TRY NOW !
Ingredients to make KFC chicken:
- Chicken pieces
- 1-1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 12g (.4 oz) bicarbonate of soda
- 1 packet of dry Good Seasons Italian Dressing (powder) (if you can’t find this, see the suggested mock-up of it in Tips)
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) black pepper
- Vegetable oil, lard, or peanut oil to cover the bottom of a skillet (1/2-1 inch/1.3-2.5cm deep)
- 1 envelope of powdered tomato soup mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix the batter. Beat the 2 or 3 eggs in a medium-large bowl—–you’ll be dunking your chicken pieces in this. Add 2/3 cup (160 ml) milk, whisk to blend, and set aside
Mix the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, mix the soup mix, Italian dressing, black pepper, and flour together.
Coat the chicken. Take a piece of chicken and dip it into the batter. Then place it in the flour mixture and cover the chicken with it. Set the coated chicken aside.
Repeat for the remaining chicken. Continue coating each chicken piece until all portions are prepared.
Fry it up! Heat the oil in a large skillet until it shimmers but doesn’t smoke—about 350°F/175°C. Using tongs, carefully place the chicken pieces skin-side down into the skillet and fry them over medium heat. Leave the pieces in there for about 25 to 30 minutes, turning and flipping occasionally. Add chili peppers for a spicier flavor.
- Don’t add the chicken until the fat is hot, otherwise you’ll end with greasy chicken.
De-grease the bird. Remove the pieces from the skillet and drain the grease onto paper towels or a clean kitchen cloth (such as a tea towel).
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!