A Chocolate Eclair is a delicious combination of crisp pastry, luscious cream, and dark chocolate. Try this Chocolate Eclair for Iftar to your loved ones.
Satisfy your sweet tooth cravings with this yummy chocolate eclairs recipe!
½ cup water
¼ cup butter
1 tsp sugar
½ cup flour
2 eggs + extra for eggwash
¼ cup whipping cream
¼ cup melted chocolate
– Line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 220 C.
– In a medium saucepan, mix water, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and add flour. Cook for a minute.
– Remove from heat and add in the eggs, one by one, beating after each addition. The dough should be thick and glossy but should come off the beater slowly.
– Pipe thick even lengths of dough onto the tray. Brush with eggwash and smoothen out the top.
– Bake for 15 mins. Reduce the temperature to 190 C and bake for another 25 mins or until golden brown. Do not open the oven door while baking.
– Let them cool.
– Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
– Poke a small hole at the end of the eclair. Fill with the whipped cream.
– Pour the melted chocolate on top. Let it cool until the chocolate hardens.