Treat your loved ones with these delicious baby potatoes for iftar.
Easy to make recipe for iftar.Try now!
Ingredients to make masala baby potatoes for iftar:
- 300 gms baby potatoes
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash the potatoes and pat them dry. Do not peel the skin. Some of the skin might come off when you pat them dry.
- Cut into halves or quarters depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- When the oil is hot add the cut potatoes and cook covered on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- The potatoes will become slightly tender.
- Now add all the spices and the curry leaves and again cook covered for another 10 minutes.
- Toss them around a couple of times in between. If you think the potatoes are sticking to the pan, you can add a little water on the lid of the pan. This would help the steam built inside the pan to condense. We don’t want a lot of water but just enough for the potatoes to become tender.
- Remove in a serving dish and drizzle lime juice and a pinch of chaat masala on top. Toss well and serve hot as a tea-time snack!
Note: While I have used baby potatoes for the dish, you can use any sized potatoes. Just cut them into bite size pieces.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.