Roti is an Indian bread recipe made using wheat flour. This easy recipe is eaten along with almost all curries.
It is an easy and quick recipe for your iftar.
Ingredients to make Roti:
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon ghee and water
- Put whole wheat flour in a large mixing bowl. Add water gradually and gather the dough together. Once it comes together, add salt and knead well.
- Add little water at a time and use heel of your hand for kneading. Do not add all the water at once as it might make the dough soft and sticky.
- Kneading the dough well is very important to get soft phulkas so continue to knead the dough. Keep on adding water as required.
- Knead the dough till it becomes soft, pliable and smooth in texture, there should not be any cracks.
- Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, knead the dough again and now make small balls from the dough. Roll the balls in the palms of your hands and flatten it.
- Turn on the gas stove and heat tawa or skillet on medium heat. While tawa is getting hot place the dough on rolling board.
- Take one ball and dust it lightly with some wheat flour and start rolling the phulka roti.
- Dust the half way rolled phulka with dry wheat flour again to prevent it from sticking to the rolling surface. Now roll it out again into a round thin disc.
- The trick is to roll the edges while giving it round shape.
- Once the tawa is hot, place the rolled out dough on it. Place the roti carefully so that it does not get folded.
- When the upper surface of the roti starts changing its colour and you can see the bubbles appear on the surface, flip the roti to the other side.
- Allow it to cook for 15-20 seconds until the bottom part turns light brown.
- Put the flame to high and now hold the roti with a tong, remove the tawa from the gas stove and keep the first side which was cooked, directly on fire.
- The roti will start to puff. Flip it over and cook the other side directly on flame again for 2-3 seconds.
- The phulka roti is done.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!