Potato dish to make your family go wow at iftar.
Easy to make potato & cheese dish recipe For iftar.
Ingredients to make Steamed potato cheese balls for iftar:
- 250 gms potatoes (I used 2 large)
- 100 gms soft cottage cheese
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- ½ cup Fresh coriander and mint leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder (amchoor)
- 4 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna zeera)
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 Lettuce wraps/ leaves for steaming
- Pressure cook potatoes with a little water for about 2 whistles in the pressure cooker. We want the potatoes only par-boiled as the potatoes will be further cooked while steaming. Once boiled; keep them aside to air dry. Peel and grate along with cottage cheese.
- Mix together all ingredients in a mixing bowl and make small balls (approx. ~2inch diameter)
- Line the steamer with lettuce leaves and place the balls on top of them.
- Steam for 5 minutes
- As soon as you take the balls out of steamer, they will look a little soggy. Let them sit for a minute before serving
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!