Sweet Dumplings also known as Luqaimat is a delightful dish to try.
EAsy to make at home,serve it for iftar party at your place.
Ingredients to make sweet dumplings:
- 3 cups white flour
- 5/8 cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- vegetable oil
- Sugar Syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- For the Sugar Syrup: Boil half a cup of water and the powdered sugar in a sauce pan then leave over medium heat till the syrup begins to thicken. Add the lemon juice and rose water. Set aside to cool.
- For the Dumplings: In a bowl, mix the flour with the yogurt, a pinch of salt and enough water to get a thick batter.
- Combine the yeast and sugar, then mix in a half cup of warm water and combine with the batter. Cover with a cloth and set aside until the batter rises.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Meanwhile, divide the batter and shape into small balls.
- Deep fry the balls, a few at a time, in the heated oil.
- When the dumplings are golden brown remove from oil and strain, then immediately dip in the sugar syrup and serve hot.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!