Tasty recipe to make Tahari.
Tahari to fulfill your crave for iftar.
Ingredients to make Tahari:
- ½ kg mutton finely washed and cut into pieces
- 2½ glass of rice(around 6 cups of rice)
- 5 glasses of water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2-3 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 3-4 slit green chilies
- 1 large stick of cinnamon
- 1 tsp full shahi zeera( caraway seeds)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chills powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup diced potatoes( or 2 potatoes)
- 1 cup tomatoes finely chopped( 2-3 tomatoes)
- 1 cup beaten curd/yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp lemon extracted juice
- Wash and soak basmati rice for about 20- 25 minutes.
- Do not soak rice if you are using ordinary rice.
- Take a pressure cooker, into it, add oil and heat it.
- Add cinnamon stick, caraway seeds into it and saute.
- Add slit green chilies, add sliced onions and fry till slight golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a while to get rid of the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste.
- Add mutton/meat and roast it well.
- Add all the dry spices, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, mix well and cook for few minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add beaten yogurt, mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and chopped mint leaves and cook until oil starts appearing.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix and tenderize the mutton by pressure cooking for about 3 whistles on low flame.
- In an electric cooker, add the soaked rice, add cooked mutton curry, add about 5 glasses of water, mix well.
- Check for the taste of salt, add garam masala powder, add lemon juice.
- Switch on the electric cooker.
- Cook until rice is done.
- Serve tehari/tahari with raita.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! Treat Yourself with an iftar party on iftarparty.com
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!