Ingredients to make Tomato Rice :
- 4 cups of cooked rice (I used basmati).
- 1.5 cups of chopped ripe tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion or shallots (chinna vengayam, ulli).
- 1 tsp of ghee.
- 1 tsp of oil.
- 1/2 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- 1 tsp of split urad dal (ulutham paruppu, uzhunnu parippu).
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic (or use 4-5 garlic cloves).
- 2 green chillies (adjust to taste).
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- 4 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves (for garnish).
- Heat the oil + ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the mustard pops and the dal turns golden, add the finely chopped onion or shallots along with the green chillies, slit.
- Let the onions saute to a golden brown and then add the garlic, cumin powder, and turmeric. Saute for a while longer (30 seconds or so) for the garlic to get toasted.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to this and cook on low flame.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! Treat Yourself with an iftar party on iftarparty.com
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!