Treat your Friends and Family with this popular Mumbai street food vegetable Frankie.
Call it a franky, Frankie, roll, wrap – these are delicious and easy to make.
- Refind Flour Rotis 4
- Green Peas grated 1 medium
- Green peas parboiled and crushed 1/4 cup
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger finely chopped 1/2 inch piece
- Green chilli finely chopped 1
- Red chilli powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Garam masala powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Potatoes boiled and mashed 2 large
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
- Dry mango powder (amchur) 1/2 teaspoon
- To Serve
- Green chutney 4 teaspoons
- Onion sliced 1 medium
- Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Chaat masala to taste
Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté lightly. Add carrot, green peas, ginger, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and sauté on medium heat for two minutes. Transfer onto a plate and cool.
Add mashed potatoes, coriander leaves and amchur powder and mix well. Adjust seasoning. Divide this mixture into eight portions and and shape into four-inch long cylinders and shallow fry in sufficient hot oil till light golden.
Drain on absorbent paper and set aside. To prepare the frankie, place a roti on a flat working surface, spread a teaspoon of green chutney all over the roti. Place a potato roll on one side.
Sprinkle some sliced onions, drizzle one fourth teaspoon of vinegar, sprinkle chaat masala over it and roll the roti. Similarly prepare the rest of the frankies, wrap in aluminum foil and serve immediately.
Hope you like this recipe. Let us know if you’ve tried it! Tag us at #iftarparty on Facebook ,Twitter and Instagram.