Delicious vegetable spring roll recipe for iftar to serve your loved ones.
Tasty,Yummy and easy to make for iftar.
Ingredients to make vegetable spring rolls for iftar:
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup boiled and shelled peas
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
- 100 gms noodles
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 tsps of chow mein seasoning (I used Shaan chowmein mix. I have also tried Ching’s hakka noodle seasoning… that’s good too)
- 8 thai rice paper sheets
- Heat oil in a broad based non-stick pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add carrots. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add capsicum. Sauté for a minute and then add the peas and spring onion. Mix well.
- Add salt and the seasoning. Cook for another couple of minutes till the veggies are soft but still have a slight bite in them.
- On a separate pan, heat water and prepare noodles as per the packet instructions. Usually it takes just about 5-6 minutes.
- Strain the noodles and add them to the sautéed vegetables. Mix well. Vegetable chow mein is ready!
- Remove from heat and allow it cool enough so that you can make rolls.
- For each sheet of rice paper, you need to first immerse it in water for just a few seconds and then leave them on a tea towel for the sheet to soften.
- To make the roll, out a little chowmein closer to one end. Fold the two sides in and then fold up the smaller side up and continue to roll to enclose the entire filling.
Serve it in a plate and enjoy the delicious item.
No iftar parties happening around?No problem! iftarparty.com is here for you.
Comment & Tag Your Friends on Facebook Below!